I’ve just noticed that the new HTML MOS introduced a nice addition to the old ORA-600/ORA-7445 Error Look-up Tool: now there is a new ORA-600 Troubleshooting Tool (if the link is not opened automatically for you try refreshing the page with F5 – works for me in Chrome).
Within a few minutes it allows you to upload a generated trace file and then automatically redirects you to the search results based on the error reported in the trace. The tool should be useful to those who don’t know what to do with the trace. It also allows you to save the results in a “report”. It’s definitely a very nice addition to the MOS functionality.
This post is long overdue, and it’s as much a reminder to myself as it is a post for you to find when scratching your head.
Here’s the situation: Oracle Restart on an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 system with ASMLib in use. I have installed 188.8.131.52 plus the latest PSU to bring database and Grid Infrastructure to 184.108.40.206.5-so far so good. I have used the non-GUI approach and everything seemed ok until I tried to create a database for some benchmarking. Here’s the surprising output: