I wrapped up a hectic three days at Collaborate this year. As if to echo the sentiments on the economy in general, and Oracle database technology related in particular, the attendance was way down this year. The vast expanse of Orange County Convention Center didn't make it easy either; it made it appear even smaller! Well, it was Orlando; the weather and traffic cooperated and I'm pretty sure some attendees picked up a few well deserved resting points either alone or with visiting family.
I presented three sessions:
(1) RAC Performance Tuning
(2) Real World Best Practices for DBAs (with Webcast)
(3) All About Deadlocks
I also participated in the RAC Experts' Panel as a Panelist.
As always, I used to opportunity to meet old friends and acquintances. Collaborate is all about knowledge sharing; I didn't lose when it came to getting some myself. I attended some highly useful sessions:
(1) Database Capacity Planning by Ashish Rege
(2) Partitioning for DW by Vincent
(3) Hints on Hints by Jonathan Lewis
(4) 11g Performance Tuning by Rich Niemic
(5) HA Directions from Oracle by Ashish Ray
(6) Storage Performance Diagnosis by Gaja
(7) Two sessions - on Database Replay and Breaking Oracle by Jeremiah Wilton
and some more. It has been a worthy conference.