Day 3 was similar to day 2 for me. I spent a lot of time hanging around the RAC Attack sessions. A lot of people pass through, so in addition to helping people set up virtualized RAC, there are always interesting people to talk to.
I did some serious demo grounds cruising again, including:
- Data Pump Enhancements in 12c.
- You can now do all the transportable tablespace stuff in a single hit using NETWORK_LINK.
- PL/SQL Enhancements in 12c.
- I’ll talk more about these in a summary of a Tom Kyte presentation in a later post.
- Global Data Services in 12c.
- Define a single service that can load balance across multiple replicated databases. This is independent of replication method.
- Oracle Linux. I went back and spent some time chatting with Lenz Grimmer again. He’s really good value!
- Oracle Text in 12c (Rodger Ford).
I finally got to meet Jeff Smith and David Haimes in person. It’s always a bit odd meeting people for the first time when you feel you already know them…
I went back to the hotel to dump my bag before heading out and accidentally went to bed, so that’s a second night of no social events for me…
Oracle OpenWorld 2012 : Day 3
was first posted on October 3, 2012 at 8:22 pm.
©2012 "The ORACLE-BASE Blog
". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement.